Purchasing local products and services builds a sustainable Local Living Economy. A Local Living Economy ensures that economic power resides locally, sustaining healthy community life and natural life as well as long-term economic viability.
When you support your Locally Owned & Independent Businesses you help...
What we mean by "local" and "independent"
- The business is privately held (not publicly traded).
- The business is located within our 24 Seacoast Local towns.
- The owner of majority of owners are local residents who live within a 25 mile radius of Portsmouth more than half the year.
- The business is registered in New Hampshire or Maine with no corporate headquarters elsewhere.
- Your organization makes independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, as well as all business purchasing, practices and distribution decisions.
- Your business pays all of its own marketing, rent, and other business expenses without assistance from or payment to a corporate headquarters.
- If your business has multiple outlets, the majority are located within Maine and New Hampshire.