A Gathering of Entrepreneurs, Investors and Community Members
The showcase is a gathering of entrepreneurs, investors and community members passionate about building a local economy based on values of community well-being and sustainability. The showcase features “lightning” presentations by local entrepreneurs who are starting or expanding socially- and environmentally-conscious businesses. The showcase is not an offer to sell securities or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities.
Join us in Spring 2016!
The next Seacoast Local Entrepreneur Showcase will be in late spring. We’ll shine a spotlight on Social Impact Entrepreneurship–business solutions applied toward a social, environmental or economic challenges.
Are you looking for capital to start or expand a social impact business?
Here is a video of our first showcase:
Nov. 2015 @ Throwback Brewery in North Hampton.
- Seacoast Local – (topical presentation) We gathered during New Economy Week to talk about investing in ways that can transform society and build an economy where people and the planet matter, including new SEC crowdfunding rules set to take effect in 2016.
- Food: Throwback Brewery was able to expand from a small nano brewery to a brew pub while keeping their local values. NH Community Loan Fund helped fund their growth through an equipment loan and small grant. learn more
- Energy: Revolution Energy has matched a variety of investors to solar projects while advocating for responsive and stable policy to support local energy investment. learn more
- Zero-Waste: PLAN has transformed itself from a UNH program to reduce landfill waste, to a national network of student leaders working together to build a world without waste. learn more
May 2014 @ The Press Room in Portsmouth.
- New Hampshire Community Loan Fund – (topical presentation) – John Hamilton, Managing Director of the Loan Fund’s venture capital arm, kicked off the evening by discussing how you can invest locally by investing in the Loan Fund. learn more
- Miles Smith Farm – Bruce and Carole Soule offer CSA shares for sustainably raised, pasture fed cattle. learn more
- Classic Building and Design – Builder and designer Paul Burke discussed a new model to build affordable and environmentally sustainable housing. learn more
- Granite State Growler Tours – Impresario David Adams gives guided tours of the Seacoast’s burgeoning craft-beer scene. learn more
- Beara Irish Brewing Co – Award winning brewer Michael Potorti discussed plans to open a new Nano-Brewery in Portsmouth. learn more
October 2013 @ White Heron Tea in Portsmouth.
- UNH Net Impact – (topical presentation) – Student initiative to discern the potential for microfinance in the Seacoast area. learn more
- Juice Burger – New Hampshire’s first “farm-to-sidewalk” food truck. learn more
- From My Head To-Ma-Toes – Growers of heirloom tomatoes for sale to wholesale markets and local restaurants
- Economic Information Exchange – a new venture to provide product “Impact Ratings” on the economy on both the state and national level. learn more
- Islinglass River Hop Exchange – Processor and Distributor of locally grown Hops for supply to area Micro-Breweries. learn more
- Hopestill Garage – Chef Evan Mallet discusses plans for his new restaurant in Newmarket and financing utilizing “edible” shares
February 2013 @ The Red Door in Portsmouth.
- Slow Money – Michael Bartner talks about the national, nonprofit organization dedicated to “bringing money back down to earth” by catalyzing investment in local food systems. learn more
- Heron Pond Farm – A sustainable agricultural farm expanding its reach with a new farmstand in Kensington. learn more
- Nearby Registry – An online gift registry and e-commerce service that allows brides, grooms, expectant parents, and others to select gifts from their favorite local independent businesses and nonprofits. learn more
- The Soup Guy – A Dover-based purveyor of 100% natural, gluten free artisan soups (locally sourced when possible) to open specialty cafés throughout the Seacoast. learn more
- Steve McPhee, Eco-friendly Custom Fine Furniture – A custom cabinet & furniture maker specializing in eco-friendly design using alternative and local materials. learn more
- 7th Settlement Brewery and Pub – A start-up Brew Pub in downtown Dover brewing Ales that pay homage to the history, traditions, and local ingredients of the Seacoast. learn more
Thank you to our sponsor
Video produced by the Center for the New American Dream
Photographs courtesy of Adam Woodworth